RE: [ST] A little off the subject

When I was referring to both, I was referring to the Thruxton and the
Speedmaster/Bonneville America.  Obviously, I've been on a Sprint, and I did
personally test ride the Speedmaster.  They are completely different bikes,
which is what I'm looking for.  I did not however get to hit any good hills,
or ride with a passenger, during my test ride; so that's where my power
question comes into play - does it (the 790cc engine) have enough grunt for
hills with a passenger.

So, I'm wondering

1 - does the 790cc engine have enough grunt as is?

2 - is Triumph really putting the 865cc Thruxton engine into the Speedmaster
later this year?

3 - is the Thruxton engine then enough, if the 790cc is dog?

4 - is the difference between the 865cc and the 790cc that big/worth waiting
for (for anyone who has ridden both).

Thanks,

Matt Heyer
'01 BRG Sprint ST