Re: RE: [ST] A little off the subject

AFAIK, the only two people in the US that have actually ridden Thruxtons are Greg Casey and Jim Callahan in the home office. They rode the first two to hit the country to the Atlanta RAT pack meeting a couple weeks ago. Other Thruxtons may have shown up since then, but I don't know of anyone that is reporting having one. You could try calling Greg directly at the office. I think he's the national customer service guy now or something. Callahan took over his old job as national RAT coordinator. I doubt they would comment on the unannounced 2005 model line, but you might get an answer about the difference in grunt between the Thruxton and a Speedmaster.

I too like the idea of a Speedmaster with the Thruxton engine. I'm not buying anything this season, but I could see my Sprint RS becoming a Daytona 600 and an updated Speedmaster. Assuming SWMBO wouldn't freak out too badly.

Garry