RE: [ST] but I could see my Sprint RS becoming a Daytona 600 and an updated Speedmaster.

"but I could see my Sprint RS becoming a Daytona 600 and an updated Speedmaster."

I finally test-drove a D600 a couple of weeks ago. What a fantastic piece of machinery. My god...once you hit that power band...screaming motherf...ing glory of a shitload of power!

Trouble is, I just can't see owning one for street use. I just kept wanting to ram that thing up to 8,9,10k RPMs, and even in second gear, I was being reckless to do so in the places that the dealership would let me go. (They've become a lot more strict in their test rides lately :-( ...no more trips up to Page Mill Road in Palo Alto ).

So yes, one day, when I make enough money for regular track days, I'd buy one and use it for that. But I just can't see owning one for round-the-town use.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST
San Jose, CA, USA