RE: [ST] Fuel Gage

At 09:28 23/04/2004, you wrote:

>I think I may have a slight problem with fuel consumption on my '02 ST.
>I regularly read on here of people doing 190+ miles to the tank.
>The ST has a 19.5 litre tank I think, from full the warning light comes on
>at exactly 143 miles every time, and I fill up at 170 - 175 miles with 18+
>litres of fuel.  How can you guys be getting 200 plus miles from a tank
>full.  I have the Triumph track pipe fitted and the engine map to match.

I don't think you have any problem Rik. The '02 and later STs have a
smaller tank than the earlier model. Ours are 19.5 litres, the earlier ones
are (I think) 21 litres.

As far as I know, the reserve light comes on with 4 litres remaining. My
completely stock tune and standard pipe are good for 10 miles per litre
(sorry to mix measures but you know where I'm coming from).

With the sport can and sport tune, you are not too far away. That's the
price you pay for the extra torque and ponies - or more precisely the
larger airbox! ;)

- - Stephen McS.
02 BRG ST