RE: [ST] It's been at least a week since we had a tire thread....

Just wanted to chip in here.  I have only run the original Bridgestones
on my '01 ST and now the Bridgestone BT-020 (front and rear).  I have
about 6000 miles on them and starting to get some cupping on the front -
only noticeable at slow speeds so far, and the rear has gotten a flat
spot down the middle from one and 2 up straight line riding - since we
don't have much for twisties around here in Central Iowa.  Also, I think
the Bridgestones don't take real well to cold pavement.  I have had the
bike as my only transportation since the middle of March and on colder
mornings or evenings, it will slip out a little on corners, even after
riding for a while.

Since I have only run the Bridgestones and have had a problem with the
front cupping on both "versions", I would like to try the Avons next
time.  The bike is mostly a fun toy and commuter vehicle with lots of
straight up highway time and not near enough twisty time - mostly
because of no roads to do that on.

Eric Mann
eric91z@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
'01 Triumph Sprint ST