Re: [ST] Are "sticky" tires worth it

> I've only tried two types of tires on my RS and the stock 020's
> are the best all rounder in my opinion.  I push then to around 8k and
> the center always wears out first.  As a matter of fact as stupid and
> irresponsible as I have ridden in the past and still do, I still only
> managed to wear out the center.  If I ever have the dollars to buy a
> track bike or drop the $$ for six sets of tires a season, I may try some
> more fashionable tires, but for the real world and real roads and my
> real wallet, I'll stick to old faithful BT020's nothing better for
> endurance riding and occasionally riding fast through the curves.

I agree that for most of us running extra grippy tires is a waste of
resorces.  That said, as mentioned by other poSTeRS, there are better sport
Touring (small 's', large 'T') tires than the 020's which are prone to
cupping and seem to have marginal grip in cold conditions.  My favorites are
Avon's  AV45/46.  They last as long as the 020's and IMHO, work better in
every respect.  Try them!
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST