[ST] Re: Satellite Radio on ST

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Chernushin, Alex wrote:

> I would really doubt that you need further amplification.  My custom
> earplugs do have speakers in them, but the audio control menu has 10 levels
> on the Roady, (no, it doesn't go to 11 :)  ), and I put it on level 3 for
> the earplugs.  I would guess that if you are using any type of earbud type
> headphones, then it would be sufficient.

Thanks for the further notes Alex.  I'm not using earbuds, I use standard
disposable earplugs and currently use Motocomm's headset for radio comms
and music, at least trying for music.   They just don't have the volume
that my previous Chatterbox headset had, so going to look at the speakers
to see if replacing them with something more suitable for music, and at 8
ohm rather than the 16-32 that are in there will help with volume
level.  Don't need a lot more but at hiway speed even the FRS/GMRS radio
is hard to hear.

And yeah man, we need an amp that goes to 11!  I've tried the Boostaroo
and just don't get enough out of it either.

Thanks,
- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail