Re: [ST] HyperPro Progressive Fork Springs

- --=======5DFA6EFF=======

At 20:53 24/04/04 -0400, you wrote:

> > Glad you having a successful weekend.  Looks like I may be out for the
> > season.  Broke my ankle in two places, it's kinda like a weather vane now.
> > Was walking the dogs on a steep grassy slope and went on an inpromptu ski
> > run.

Yowie - take it easy there. That's got to be painful. I hope you heal quick
and get some biking miles in.

>I hope so. I'm very happy with the improvement in the forks. Just need to
>find a shop with a spring compressor.

I'm playing catch up here Garry, so sorry if this is old news (or obvious
to some) but it took a "wee while", as they say in Scotland, for the guy
fitting my spring to figure out how the spring came off the rear shock.
Maybe your guys will know this, but the spring comes off over the top. If
you compress from the top down, the preload unit slides down (once the tiny
allen-grub-locating screw is removed) to reveal a ring clip holding that
unit in place. Undo that clip, and ease off on the spring compressor and
the whole preload unit eases off and the spring can be removed.

This might save you some head scratching when the time comes.

Cheers,

Stephen (Spud) McS.

- ---