[ST] New owner! ...and noises.

Hi all,

I've been lurking around this board for a few days,
and have been impressed by the level of helpfulness
and friendliness on display here; I'm happy to have
joined the Sprint community.

I picked up an '00 RS in beautiful shape with a mere
8,000 miles on it, and have had a great time during my
one week as owner.

During that time, I have noticed some noises and
vibrations that I imagine and hope are typical, but
I'd like to get some confirmation from others.

These typically occur at speeds below about 55 mph,
when riding at a constant speed and on level roads--in
other words, at relatively low engine loads.  I'll
feel sporadic pulses in the pegs, perhaps accompanied
by a soft pinging-type noise that might be in my
imagination.  It's the sort of thing you might feel if
running over small cracks or imperfections in the
road.  It stops if I pull in the clutch and coast, or
pull in the clutch and rev the engine while coasting.

This implies to me that the source is the drivetrain
somewhere between crankshaft and rear wheel.  Perhaps
drivetrain lash as the engine alternates between
driving and decelerating?

The bike pulls smoothly if I give it some throttle, so
I don't think it's the engine itself.

Anybody else experience this?  Am I just being overly
sensitive?

Looking forward to many happy miles,
- -Aron