[ST] Longevity

I've had an RS since August 2000, when I bought it as
an ex-demo with about 250 miles on the clock. I use it
year round and it's now just shy of 30,000 and 4
years.

Very few problems. The front brakes suddenly died
mysteriously early on, replaced under warranty. The
rear footrest coatings rotted and peeled, also
replaced under warranty. I had the fuel sender swap
under recall. Mine wasn't recalled for it but I paid
for my own replacement DID chain for the horrible soft
Reynolds around 8,000. Err, um, that's about it! The
paint on the swingarm is peeling now, which I guess
I'll have to sort myself somehow. Oh yes, the rear
shock leaked and died recently, replaced with a Hagon.

I consider this very good - for years I ran a series
of Hondas, and even 'reliable' models like the CBR600
and VFR had a similar level of minor troubles (in fact
the VFR had a big problem burning out voltage
regulators). So I'm quite happy.

Barry