From: Bob Nixon bigrex@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:34:14 -0700
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Deer encounter inJune

The short story is that a deer broadsided  me in June and I've been in the
hospital since.
Scenario: While  negotiating a 20 MPH marked downhill left at around 40 a
small deer ran across from the other lane a pushed me into the wall. The
road was Historic Apache Trail (az88) just East of Mesa Arizona, which is
East of Phoenix. Unfortunately The deer died instantly.

Not to over dramatize but with 27 fractures this one could have easily had
me pushing daiseys as sitting here typing this. Injuries from the head down:

 Fractured Jaw both vert & horiz, Left forarm badly broken, initially shock
caused mile a mild heart attack,rquiring defibulation. trake due to shin
strap intering jaw up chooking.various mild rib fractures. Both
Femors broken, requiring full length rods
through the bones. Finally the worst: my lower right ankle smashed and
attempted to be put back together, with troubling infection.

*

http://mail2web.com/ .

End of st-digest V2004 #432