RE: [ST] Deer encounter inJune

Bob, you've been in my thoughts. Especially when I had a near-close encounter with a deer on a group ride. I wasn't even aware it came close to me until I looked in my mirror and found the guy following me had disappeared. I guess right after I passed, the deer jumped out and started running next to him, bucking him, almost if s/he wanted to ride pillion, and pushing him off the road. The rider was able to get to a stop on the shoulder and before he ran into anything, but the whole time, I couldn't help but to think of your story.

Glad you're on the mend.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST
San Jose, CA, USA