RE: [ST] Iron Butt ST

<<Kevin, I spent the weekend with Doug Bailey, he of whom you speak, at
British in the Blue Ridge (BitBR).

Doug is a fine fellow, with a red ST with the silver lowers like that of the
Constant Reader STeve Duncan.  My only regret is that we got no time to ride
together.  I'm sure he is as good a rider as he is a companion.>>

Andrew,

Indeed he is (a fine fellow and a good rider, both).  I hooked up with him
on Saturday in Hiawassee and showed him the finest roads of North Georgia
(Highways 60, 129, 348, 180, 75).  After about 5 hours of blissful curves,
we parted ways so that he could attend the BitBR; he said he had a smile on
his face the whole way...come to think of it, I did too.  :)

In retrospect, I could have done a better job organizing the ride; seems
like everyone might have enjoyed it, but it came up as kind of a last minute
thing for me.  Maybe next time...  Heck, if you're in the area, just let me
know.  I'm always looking for an excuse to spend all day in the mountains!

Kevin, if you're interested in contributing to the ACS, here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/2y2th

Doug has exceeded his goal, but there's no reason to stop just because of
that.  Every penny helps!

  - Dave