[ST] A Ghost In The Machine

(with apologies to Koestler...)

So Euterpe (my 01 MZ Sport) has never consistently run right since I got it.
I'd attributed it to bad setup on the Holeshot carb, gremlins, demonic
possession, whatever. Sometimes, amazing, linear power - sometimes it just
dies.

I finally got fed up and took it to a shop with a dyno (R-Cal Racing in
Huntington Beach) and simply said "make it work." They do a lot of MZ's for
the WSMC crowd, and are highly spoken of by my LABiker friends.

So today they stared working on it, and called me.

It appears that inside the Supertrapp can, the flange that holds the bolts
that hold the discs broke free. This means that every so often, the discs
just get pushed up to the end of the spigot, and block the exhaust gasses.
Then, after a while, they slip back down.

The Ghost In The Machine, indeed...

Marc D