RE: [ST] Anyone awake?

I recently had a break in the loom to the left bar that stopped the
clutch switch working so the starter failed.  There was a brass crimped
connection halfway along the loom just where most flexing occurred when
steering.  I was lucky that the break re-made when the bars were
straight-ahead, otherwise I would have been stranded.

Chris Harwood
2000 RS

>>> rupert@xxxxxxxxxx 15/08/2004 23:46:56 >>>
> There was a recall for this problem but I think it was only for
early
STs.
> know my 2000 model ST had this problem but was outside the VIN range
for
> the
> recall.
>
> The actual problem was poorly routed cables which stressed the wires
going
> into the ignition switch when the bars were turned, eventually
breaking
> one
> or more of the wires. My bike had the same symptoms with the lights,
and
> also the battery wasn't charging. Check the wiring where it goes
into
the