Re: [ST] Remapping

Early 2002 S3 cams are hotter than ST/RS cams with more lift and a bit
more duration.  The Valves, springs, retainers and keepers are the same
(I checked).  Install the S3 cams when adjusting the valves and there is
no extra labor.  They will require the appropriate S3 tune.  The cams
are about $250 each and are good for about 10 more HP at the rear
wheel.  You will give up that 10 HP below about 6K.  The S3 tune raises
the rev limit 600 RPM.  Since the peak HP rpm of an ST/RS is at 9500 and
the bottom end is the same, I compromised and raised my rev limit 300
RPM.  With the lower gears and more revs and a bit leaner on top, I
don't know what I'd do with 10 more HP!

Andrew F. Kay, Jr. wrote:

>An interesting read, but not something I'm likely to have the time or
>inclination to implement.  On the other hand, while I agree with his
>thoughts on a Daytona cam in a Tiger, the ones from a Speed Triple might
>of use.  Just a thought.......
>
>Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
>Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
>www.lostempire.com   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>"One man that has a mind and knows it, can always beat ten men who
>havent and dont." George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950. The Applecart, (1929),
>Act I.

- --
John Albright
'02 RS