RE: [ST] Remapping

John Albright wrote:
> I think it is a temp sensor that is giving bad answers, though.

In my experience, temp sensors, and I presume you refer to the coolant
temp sensor [which can have a large effect upon performance] or the
intake air temp sensor [which has less], rarely create a problem other
than those relating to the parameters they monitor, for example cold
start, cold running, hot running.  From the symptoms presented,
part-throttle surging and missing at normal operating temps, I'd bet on
fuel trim issues relating to the FI mapping, &/or dirty injectors.

An out of spec temp sensor would tend to have a broader effect, for
example consistent cold starting difficulties or causing the entire fuel
curve to be rich or lean.  Rule of thumb:  if the throttle is opened
quickly and the engine has good response, from cold through normal
operating temperatures, then the coolant temp sensor is probably in
spec.
HTH,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST