From: Harris, Malia
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 6:20 PM
To: Masiak, Richard
Subject: FW: Wooooohooooo --> MOTOGP TO MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA IN
2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media: Ed Nicholls (831) 242-8216 or pr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General Info: (800) 327-SECA

August 19, 2004

MOTOGP TO MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA IN 2005
SCRAMP and Dorna reach five-year agreement in principal to bring the
world's fastest motorcycle racing back to Monterey

MONTEREY, Calif. (August 19, 2004) - The Sports Car Racing Association
of the Monterey Peninsula (SCRAMP) and Dorna Sports, the Spanish-based
company that holds the commercial and TV rights to the FIM MotoGP World
Championships, have reached an agreement in principle to bring MotoGP,
the pinnacle of international motorcycle racing, to Mazda Raceway Laguna
Seca beginning in 2005 for a five-year run.

Following the initial agreement, Dorna will include the U.S. Grand Prix
in the 2005 MotoGP pre-calendar to be presented to the Federation
Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) for its approval.

"The support from fans and sponsors has been of great encouragement in
this decision," said Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca General Manager Gill
Campbell. "Corporate sponsorships are vital for the track improvements
that will need to be made to satisfy FIM regulations.

"We feel that we have a great product with a tremendous amount of
potential. We continue to produce world class events at Mazda Raceway
Laguna Seca and that's what we're all about."

"Dorna has always been looking into the possibility of coming back with
MotoGP to the USA," added Carmelo Ezpeleta, CEO Managing Director, Dorna
Sports. "Now, thanks to the great cooperation among all the parties
concerned and to the modifications being made at Mazda Raceway Laguna
Seca, we are very happy that we have found the ideal opportunity to do
so. The United States is an interesting market for MotoGP and certainly
all the partners, manufacturers and sponsors involved will be very
positive about returning there."

This enthusiasm and belief in the sport of MotoGP is shared by Red Bull
Energy Drink. They have partnered with Dorna and will be the title
sponsor of the race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in 2005. The event will
be officially named the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix.

The 500cc Grand Prix World Championship (now MotoGP) raced at Mazda
Raceway Laguna Seca from 1988 to 1994. There are once again a number of
Americans competing in MotoGP, including Kenny Roberts Jr., who won the
2000 championship, Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards, John Hopkins and Kurtis
Roberts. The list of past American champions is a who's who of
motorcycle racing, including "King" Kenny Roberts (1978-1980), Wayne
Rainey (1990-1992), Eddie Lawson (1984, '86, '88, '89), Freddie Spencer
(1983, '85) and Kevin Schwantz (1993).

The dates and support events for the 2005 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix will
be determined in the near future.

Renewals will be sent to those who purchased tickets for the 2004 Honda
Superbike Classic by the end of August. General Tickets are currently on
sale by calling the ticket office during normal business hours. Non
Renewed tickets/camping will be released to sell beginning Monday,
October 25, 2004 at 8am via telephone at 800-327-7322.

# # #

Media Contact: Ed Nicholls, (831) 242-8216 or pr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx