Re: [ST] laptop and commuting

- --NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_29575_1093408517_0

I comute with a lap top to work every day too, and this was my experience. First I tried slinging the regular bag arround my neck.  Could not try saddle bags, because I work in a very bad side of town, and I would find the bums looking through them, even if nothing is in them, it is anoying to deal with.  Tried a detachable tank bag, and that was ok.  Kind of a hassle to have to deal with latching the 3 points on and off every time I get there and leave for home or anything else. Finaly a friend recommended I try a "good" back pack. She bought me one from camelback with the water bag thing in it.  I don't use it, but the good thing about it is that they are made with a hard "Y" shaped frame in the back with an agressive curve to it to keep it away from your back, that gives excellent air circulation.  The straps lock together on the top about where your chest is and also arround the waist.  This makes it very balanced and it feels like it is not even there.  It never tugs at you and it is compact so it does not flap in the wind at all.  I allways hated back packs, but I love this thing.  It is so comfortable that I forget I have it on sometimes and it is nice to get off the bike and just walk away without having to mess with taking the tank bag or tail bag out.  The laptop is well protected in it, but that did not help me much, since my POS apple 12" powerbook is dead, again and back to apple for service for the 4th time, and this time after the warranty expired.
Rolo
'01 Sprint ST