Re: [ST] laptop and commuting

Hi there,

(I.T. geeky stuff alert)

Firstly, I mostly use a good quality rucksack when riding with a small
amount of stuff as it DOES just mean walking away from the bike at the
end of a short ride.  Mine always has a hand tyre pump, heavy jumper and
spare keys.

Berghaus do a couple with a back frame.  My 10 year-old Dart 45 (must
have done about 30-40,000 miles) is comfortable to wear with 25kg+ in
it, as the integral aluminium frame prevents it from pressing into my
back if carrying odd shaped objects.

onerolo@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The laptop is well protected in it, but that
> did not help me much, since my POS apple 12" powerbook is dead,
> again and back to apple for service for the 4th time, and this time
> after the warranty expired.

Have you had a look at the Logic Board Repair Extension Program?  I just
had an 18 month old iBook 14" repaired under this program, although it
is out of warranty.  Only applies if the symptoms are as in this:

http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/

Cheers,

Andrew