Re: [ST] good freeway tires?

Barry,
   I have gotten  8- 9.5K on a 3 seperate rear Metzeler MEZ4s.
I have gotten about 10K from the MEZ4s on the front.
I think they have discontinued MEZ4 in favor of Metzeler Z6 Roadtec
I have a Z6 on the rear and a MEZ4 on the front right now and I like
the Z6. Haven't ridden it in the wet yet. I only have about 2K on it
right now but it seems to be holding up well. I commute 90 miles round
trip each day. I ride every week day to work and some weekends when I
can. The road surfaces I commute on are
easy two lane asphalt roads for 45 miles of the trip (45-60mph)  and
then 45 miles of rain groove freeway at about 70-80 mph. When I find
something that works well I tend to stick with it so I don't know much
about other brands of tires. The original BT-57s lasted about 5K miles.
Al Garvin
San Martin, Cal.