[ST] Fuel fittings recall - getting mine put on today

After reading posts about sudden recent failures, I called my new favorite
dealership yesterday (MotoBritalia) about the fuel fitting recall, and they
said that they were waiting for owners to contact them to schedule an
appointment and get the parts from Triumph UK.  Today, they called back and
said Triumph was "on the ball" and got the parts in, told me to bring the
bike in for service.

If you're waiting for a letter from Triumph - don't.  Just call the
dealership and they should take care of it.

Someone posted earlier that there is a limited VIN range for the recall;
this appears to be true.  My '03 ST falls in the range, but later '03s and
'04s may not.

  - Dave

http://mail2web.com/ .