[ST] for Steve - fuel fittiings recall

 >>> OK folks. I'm constantly reading about Triumphs bursting into
flames
because of the fuel connectors. Has anyone out there had this happen
them? <<<

    Thanks for the words of reason, Steve.  Those of us who've ridden
dirt bikes for awhile have all ridden hundreds of miles with fuel
leaks of various kinds and know that contact with a hot surface
cannot start a fire (although contact with my warm crotch due to the
fuel cap flying off was an opportunity to display my manly
courage,... and try not to cry).

    Having said that, I personally saw several of the older, less
sophisticated big twins burn themselves up because of carburetor
fires ignited by backfires on kick-starting.  It's a real attention
getter!

                                doggydoo   - - - o&\o