Re: [ST] Fuel fittings recall - getting mine put on today

> OK folks. I'm constantly reading about Triumphs bursting into flames
> because of the fuel connectors. Has anyone out there had this happen to
> them?

AFAIK, the answer is NO. Lots of people have had the connectors spew fuel
all over, but I've never read of any sort of fire. Liquid gas isn't
particularly flammable. The fumes are another story, but if you're moving,
that all blows behind you. I know of one guy that had the gas end up all
over his rear tire, which seriously compromised traction (near crash as I
recall), but no fires that I know of.

I replaced the whole shebang with Team Triumph metal fittings over the
winter. I was more concerned about being stranded in Nowhere, WV than the
bike going up in flames.

Garry