Re: [ST] Azaro's

QA indeed, although my 45/46's have been fine.

one of the manufacturing engineers i used to work with had done time at
the Goodyear plant in Lawton, OK. Her advice when buying car tires was -
have the tire dealer roll out half a dozen of your tire, and you feel
carefully on the inside of the carcass for irregularities - lumps, knots,
etc. If there was a problem, most of the time it was not 'invisible', like
a spot of soft rubber or cording. i tried that method a couple of times
getting tires for the old Mustang 5.0, and found [and rejected] a couple
of tires noticeably lumpier than the rest on the inside. my rejects got
sold to somebody...

bp

<Turns out it was the rear ('cuz no change) but would never buy Avons
again. These are Z rated tires and I don't believe thier QA is worth a
shit.

Jim Schroeder>