From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike Montville
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:56 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: sprint_rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] pics of oil filter innards.

Al,

Glad you brought the topic up.

I've been considering this Scotts re-usable filter for some time now:

http://www.scottsonline.com/index.php

Anyone have any experience, testimonials/condemnations, or opinions
about these (or the concept)?  Sounds like the filter media is
superior, the carved billet aluminum is gorgeous, and it would have
already paid for itself (31K mi now)...

BTW, I phoned Scotts about the strap-wrench (included) that's
pictured.  They've now fluted the housing end (at least on the
Triumph 955 applications) to use a standard end-cap, which I believe
is included.

Mike