Re: [ST] pics of oil filter innards.

- --part1_55.681fde7c.2ee8d9a9_boundary

I might chime in on this one.
Hope I havent come in late or missed something, but I've always been taught
that fresh oil in an engine is cheap insurance. In Australia the quoted service
intervals are 10,000kms for the Sprint, the highest of any bike on the road.
You can do this if you lke but, changing the oil and filter every 5,000kms or
more often at about $50 per time is a very cheap way of keeping the internals
clean and moist and happy and ensuring the longevity of the engine.

When you consider that a rebuild will cost somwhere in the realm of $5,000
(Oz dollars) or more, fresh oil is a very attractive way to go.

Any thoughts?

Brett.
(Well lubed '99 Sprint ST 81,000kms)

- --part1_55.681fde7c.2ee8d9a9_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I might chime in on this one. <BR>
Hope I havent come in late or missed something, but I've always been taught=20=
that fresh oil in an engine is cheap insurance. In Australia the quoted serv=
ice intervals are 10,000kms for the Sprint, the highest of any bike on the r=
oad. You can do this if you lke but, changing the oil and filter every 5,000=
kms or more often at about $50 per time is a very cheap way of keeping the i=
nternals clean and moist and happy and ensuring the longevity of the engine.=
 <BR>
<BR>
When you consider that a rebuild will cost somwhere in the realm of $5,000 (=
Oz dollars) or more, fresh oil is a very attractive way to go.<BR>
<BR>
Any thoughts?<BR>
<BR>
Brett.<BR>
(Well lubed '99 Sprint ST 81,000kms)</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_55.681fde7c.2ee8d9a9_boundary--