Re: [ST] Re: Selling my ST

in January this year i searched high and low for a replacement ST as
mine was 'written off' by the insurance company thanks to the tiniest
of scratches on the frame due to a diesel spill. Anyways, -trying to
move away from the bitterness of the episode - STs in the UK were hard
to come by, more specifically there were 3 on sale in Scotland.
I managed to get one that had very little mileage on it and was in
great condition and for that paid over the price a little bit.

Now though there are literally hundreds on sale and with the depressed
second hand market prices are low. Dealers have had their worst year
where i live. Many people are learning and passing their test but not
buying bikes. Second hand bikes are not shifting as borrowing was
still cheap and the new bikes prices were so attractive. Nearly new
prices are therefore lower and the older machines less attractive.

My old Daytona 900 is best advised to be wrapped up in a garage to
wait for it to become a classic as it cannot compete with the
price.Its a buyers market.

with interest rates rising, people might start to look for cheaper
alternatives but it will take a few years to balance out. Will a
dealer give me decent price on a trade in if they cant resell the
bike? I doubt it so the new bikes will be a no no for the foreseeable
future, or until someone is desperate to sell at a lower price.

is this situation common in the rest of the UK?

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:20:42 -0500, Denis Liakos <denoose@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kelly Blue Book is 6235, I know you typically don't make money on
> accessories or options, so that's my price.....

- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow