Re: [ST] Re: Selling my ST

On 13 Dec 2004, at 10:27, iPat wrote:

> Now though there are literally hundreds on sale and with the depressed
> second hand market prices are low. Dealers have had their worst year
> where i live. Many people are learning and passing their test but not
> buying bikes. Second hand bikes are not shifting as borrowing was
> still cheap and the new bikes prices were so attractive. Nearly new
> prices are therefore lower and the older machines less attractive.
>
> is this situation common in the rest of the UK?

I got up my ST'03 in late May this year on eBay from a seller in South
Wales (one owner, 7K miles) for GBP4500 (and what is more, the previous
owner had fitted pretty much the entire Triumph accessories catalogue -
gel seat, panniers, heated grips, alarm autocom etc..) - who was happy
as he apparently was offered less by a dealer.  So I was amazed when I
saw my local Triumph dealer trying to sell ST'02s with no extras at all
(it would seem their policy is to remove removable extras prior to sale
- - like panniers etc. - none of their stock has them fitted, presumably
so they can charge for putting them back?) for £1000 more...  As they
claim to be the largest Triumph dealer in the UK (or some such) I
assume they sell at the prices shown...   But to whom I wonder?

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie