Re: [ST] Re: Selling my ST

Hi,

Nathan Maher wrote:
> I personally feel that the best deals out there are usually the Triumph demo
> bikes.

I think SOME demo bikes are very good.  When I was looking for my ST and
went into the dealer I wanted the red one, brand new.  I basically had
cash in my pocket at the time (good days!), and walked up to the red
bike and asked him all about it.  Price, extras, service costs.  I got
about as far as price when he said "have a look at my demonstrator".
OK, I said, my eyes still glued to the red one.  The demo was blue,
hadn't been cleaned, slightly tatty looking, and he was offering a
massive (*ahem*) £600 off.  This is when the ST cost £8,600 new, and for
a one year old bike with 1,600 miles on the clock I was not impressed.

I really smelled a rat, and decided to throw myself at the red one.
"This is the one I want.  What a gorgeous colour.  Exactly what I'm
looking for" kind of thing.  He went and got the keys for the blue demo,
fired it up(in the showroom!!) and offered me a test ride if I was
interested in it.

I walked out.  Bought my BRG ST from a dealer in England for £5,800, 20
months old and 7,600 miles on it.  Not a decision I have ever regretted.

If the bastards try to sell it to you too hard, remember that if it
sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Oh, I've had two brand new bikes and three or four second hand ones, and
no real issues with any of them.  The new ones both had slight faults
which were fixed under warranty, the second hands ones (touch wood) have
been great all round apart from obvious failures like rectifiers and the
like.

Yum.  Rant over.  Happy winter riding everyone (apart from the aussies.)

Andrew