Re: [ST] Fuel Life

On 20 Dec 2004, at 14:59, Masiak, Richard wrote:

> About how long will petrol last before it goes stale?  I got some new
> petrol yesterday but didn't have the time to go buy stabilizer, and I
> probably won't until the weekend.  If the petrol I bought sits for a
> week, is it too late to add the stabilizer?
>
> Rich

Not familiar with what 'stabilizer' is in this context - but you should
be OK for several weeks.  I recently went travelling out of country for
two weeks, and in total my ST must have been left undisturbed for at
least three weeks, and there wasn't any problem with fuel.  In an
earlier life I left my first bike (a Yamaha RS100 two-stroke) at my
university hall of residence over a summer vacation period while off
travelling (about 12 weeks in all) and it was fine too.

But quite probably I've missed the point - what is this stabilizer
business about then?

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03