Re: [ST] Fw: RiDE calling ST-owning web gurus called Mike Bostock

yes, winter jacket doesnt cause a problem but the centre zip of the
summer jacket can scratch the tank. I got them to put one on as part
of the deal with me buying the bike.

the stickers around the key slot are to protect the scratching from
cumbersome hands as well as possible scratching of the fob. After a
while it can look a mess so its a good idea.

i took the alarm fob off the key as well in order to stop it being
battered about in all weathers. I keep it in my jacket pocket now.

when you come to sell the carbon fibre stickers make the bike look well kept.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:52:35 -0600, Dan Wetherington

> I believe this is called a "tank protector." It's primary purpose is
> bling, I suppose, but the secondary purpose is to protect the tank from
> scratches generated by belt buckles or similar hardware...
>
> The fender extender is nice because it keeps some of the dirt and grime
> off the radiator.

- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow
"Truth is a pathless land. Man cannot come to it through any
organisation, through any creed, through any dogma, priest or ritual,
nor through any philosophic knowledge or psychological technique. He
has to find it through the mirror of relationship, through the
understanding of the contents of his own mind, through observation and
not through intellectual analysis or introspective dissection..."