[ST] electrical woes

Howdy all from a long time lurker,

I have been experiencing an electrical glitch with my 02 ST. I believe that
sometimes when the radiator fan kicks on it causes a momentary short in the
system, the result of which, is having the engine light stay on. I have been
able to clear it with the 3 cold to hot cycling routine, but it's still
annoying. This has happened twice, but I think it happened a third time when
I was watching the bike get hot.

Questions for the list:

Is it bad for the engine light to be on? There doesn't seem to be any other
mechanical issues.

Will the code still be in the computer once the light goes off to be read by
a mechanic, and will it say anything other than electrical failure?

When cycling the bike, how warm does it need to get?

Anybody know anything about the radiator fan shorting the system?

Thanks

Eric "straight outa" Compton

End of st-digest V2004 #694