Re: [ST] (repost) Survey help

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 8:49 AM
Subject: RE: [ST] (repost) Survey help

> Well in defense of the ladies, I think the survey was trying to make the
> point that there's little to no mention of women and things that they look
> for from the sport.

I guess that's my point. The survey clearly had an agenda, which limits it's
usefulness as a data collection tool. I'm not saying I disagree with the
agenda, but I think survey questions should be not be "leading" or biased in
any way. Hard to do. My company send us surveys all the time at work and the
way the questions are worded annoys me.

> I hardly seen any good mention or articles catering to women.

I don't think there need to be many women-specific articles. They don't ride
motorcycles any differently than we do. Articles on how shorter people deal
with bike ergonomics might be helpful to women. They're cetainly built
differently, so clothing issues are fair game. Personally, I'd just like to
see more women ride, and see the ones that do get more exposure. It'd be
nice to see more women as part of the test crew/writers on magazine
articles.

> Only, I'll admit, sexist photos and advertisments.

Obviously the advertisers are catering to the male readers and using the old
adage that sex sells. I like to look at a scantily clad hottie as much as
the next guy, but I don't think it helps sell the product. Might even hurt
it as you're too busy looking at the hottie to notice what they're
advertising. Kinda like those Super Bowl commericals that are fun to watch
but you don't remember what the point was. I'm sure women don't particularly
like looking at those ads.

> You go girls =:-)  I want to see more of you all on the streets and tracks
> next year!

You betcha. There are lots of women in my area that to ride sportbikes in
the twisties.

Garry