[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #702

In a message dated 12/27/04 10:35:22 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm looking at a '71 Triumph Tiger I might be interested in buying.  Does
anyone know where I can find resource information on this particular bike?  I
want to ensure I can restore to look as new as I can get it.  And I want to
ensure I can get parts for it.  Things to watch for etc...

Thanks, >>

I used to have a '71 T00C which is similar, and which was a great bike. Parts
all available, mostly after-market. Easy to kick-start-mine was a twin-the
single may be a little tougher. I made the mistake of wanting a brighter
headlight, which then needed a high-output alternator, which then needed 2 Zener
diodes, but still kept blowing out hard-to-reach instrument lights-I finally gave
up. Get the Tiger, and leave it stock, is my advice. Dave Coillins, San Diego