[ST] New Member

Hi All,

I've been lurking about for the past few weeks and thought I would introduce myself and jump into the fray....You folks seem to have a well run list with very knowledgeable people, great topics covered ( I have already learned a bunch ), and not the a$$ biting I have seen on other lists...either that or ya'll have just been on good behaviour... :-)

I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I am just completing the purchase of a brand new left over 02 Sprint RS. Very psyched. I had the opportunity to put 5000 miles on an 01 RS, and absolutley loved the machine. I felt it was a better fit ( for me ) than either of my two sport bikes at home ( 99 Superhawk, 99 VFR ). Anyway, I was all happy and content, waiting for a nice day to go pick up my bike, and then I had to go to the Motorcycle Show and see an 04, in blue, with the SSSW. Now I am considering one of those, and the dealer is looking into the possibilities for me. I am sure it will cost more, but it was love at first sight.

I have an initial question for the collective:  If I upgrade to the 04, what will I experience with the SSSW ?  Some feel that it has more flex, some more weight. Does it change the handling? Does it change the wheelbase? It will certainly make tire changing easier, and it sure is pretty...I was very enamored with the 01 I rode, and dont want to alter that experience. I felt it was the most confidence inspiring motorcycle I had ever spent serious time with. Obviously, either new bike has the new motor, which I can't imagine is a bad thing. How do you folks contrast the two motors ?

OK, it was two questions...

Thanks in advance for your opinions,

John Ulizzi
Cleveland, Ohio