Re: [ST] New Member

<<
The "logic" is that the SSSA puts a moment (twist) into the frame at the
swing arm pivot and the DSSA does not.  The moment prestresses the frame
making it less likely to flex in some directions and more likely to flex in
others.

John

Great logic.....for a racebike.  But I don't foresee very many street
riders, or even many trackday riders being "hindered" by this effect.  Now I
have to ask, if this is such a problem why has the all concouring Ducati
916-998 series use single sided swingarms?  Not intending to flame you, just
that I think some folks put waaayy too much thought into this stuff for
streetbike use.  But, as Dennis Miller sez, that's my opinion, I could be
wrong.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen