Re: [ST] SSSA vs DSSA(was New Member)

<<
No offense taken; it's obviously about preference.  But, I WAS asked.

Indeed you were, and all opinions are welcome.  Just debated a bit more due
to some of us being snowbound at the moment.
<<
It seems like Ducati has quit using the SSSA on many of their bikes.
Still, the SSSA is heavier and makes no sense to an engineer (see
another reply).

Being on the digest I get to see all those replies at once, so my
condolences, er ImeanImeanImean, drat :)
<<
For the practical street bike, the DSSA doesn't have to deal with the
moments, so the wheel and swing arm bearings are more lightly loaded and
less likely to wear prematurely, or suffer a recall.  ;-)

Ah but practicality also favors the SSSA setup.  You don't have to worry
about re-aligning the wheel every time you adjust the chain.  Removing the
rear wheel for tire changes, with a few select tools, is a breeze.  And
about that recall, mine was one of them.  Darn unreliable those bearings
are, why I went about 35k miles before I got it changed out and, and......it
didn't show one sign of being under duress.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen