[ST] Off topic - Warning - fake eBay message

Sorry this is off topic, but I know a lot of you use eBay - this is a warning about a fraudulent message.

I just received a very official looking email from eBay, telling me my account had been disabled because they couldn't verify my credit card details and asking me to "confirm my account".  I was pretty suspicious, as I don't have an eBay account.  As well as links to various parts of eBay, the message also included a couple of boxes to allow you to enter your credit card details easily.

I took a good look at the HTML code in the message.  Some of the buttons link correctly to eBay but the ones to "confirm your account" link you to a different site which no doubt looks exactly like eBay, but happily takes your credit card details for fraudulent use.

So be very suspicious if you get a message asking you to confirm an account, keep an eye on the address bar in your browser to be sure that the address is what you would expect, and of course never send your credit card details by email.

Neil
99 Sprint ST