[ST] Re: Re: Engineering 101

On my "Low Side" a few months back, I had the bags attached which saved my leg. I did go down with the bike and rode it almost all the way to the ground. The right bag popped off once it hit pavement, but I believe it saved my leg from some street grind. I ended up on my back, consciously concentrating on keeping my new helmet off the ground. -)

My incident may have had different circumstances from many others, mine was induced by a freeway off ramp covered in anti-freeze, and once the tires hit that slick stuff, both front and rear started to wander. I considered trying to ride it out (and through the oncoming intersection) for about two seconds before I cranked it into the turn and rode it to the ground.

How about an installation of special "Anti-low/high-side" wheels that can keep us upright in extreme circumstances? =)

Derek