RE: [ST] Re: Re: Engineering 101

<<
On my "Low Side" a few months back, I had the bags attached which saved my
leg. I did go down with the bike and rode it almost all the way to the
ground. The right bag popped off once it hit pavement, but I believe it
saved my leg from some street grind. I ended up on my back, consciously
concentrating on keeping my new helmet off the ground. -)

There's probably something to that.  I had the bags on as well, and they
along with the faring are very much scraped.  Add to that the handle bar,
and it's probably enough to keep it off my leg long enough for friction to
separate us.  I'm also pretty sure the foot peg had to have folded up as the
bike went down, which probably gave my right foot a boost out of the way.

It's probably just as well that nobody was filming it, but part of me wishes
I could see it from a different perspective.  Not that I'll be rushing out
to do it again with an audience, mind you...

> How about an installation of special "Anti-low/high-side" wheels that can
keep us upright in extreme circumstances? =)

I think that's call a 'car'... ;)

  - Dave