RE: Engineering 101 - Was:[ST] New Member

There have been so many people on this list and others who have gone down
in good gear and walked away, or at least healed again without dibilitating
injuries because they were wearing good gear.  That accident for me was a
wakeup call.  I wasn't wearing my riding pants.  If I had, I wouldn't have
had any injuries.  As it was a bruised hip was a minor, though painful,
price to pay for the reminder.  My jacket absorbed most of the impact and
came away with just minor scraping (First Gear Kilamanjaro) and I am still
wearing it.  I don't go riding anymore without all of my gear on.  Rather
inconvenient for the test ride after servicing the bike, but very
appropriate.

Dan Wallander