Re: [ST] Rear Ended.

Once the driver of the vehicle who is going to be doing the rear
ending realizes she can't stop in time, is she going to head for the
shoulder or try to squeeze between two lanes of stopped cars? You
might also find that the person in front of you decides to also head
for the shoulder to make room, which could ruin your day if you
happen to be passing him at the time.

On the other hand, I agree with the previous post, I'd rather not
become the meat in a car sandwich.

Best advice is to get as far ahead of the impending mess as you can,
either on the shoulder, or between cars, which ever is quicker.

>Ok can we start the shoulder or between cars thread. I
>had a close call once where had I gone to the shoulder
>I would have been creamed and have since started
>pointing toward the middle when stopped on the hwy or
>at a light. In both cases with plenty of room in
>front. Any thoughts on which is best?

- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned