RE: [ST] Rear Ended.

> Best advice is to get as far ahead of the impending mess as you can,
either on the shoulder, or between cars, which ever is quicker.

I think that's the key - don't just move and stop, get way out of the way.

I've seen too many idiots not paying attention, look up to see stopped cars
in front, then panic and a) lock the brakes, b) swerve to the shoulder, or
c) swerve into oncoming traffic (saw this once).  It's a crap-shoot as to
what they'll do; if they were rational, they would have been paying
attention to begin with.

  - Dave