[ST] get offs

I have fallen literally hundreds of times in my 40+ years of riding, 25
of which was dirt bike racing, and I can guarantee there is no rule
pertaining whatsoever to the path you and the bike will take. On low
sides, I have caught the bike after it stopped on more than one
occasion, which generally screws up your well laid out plans of the
gentle slide you had anticipated. I've spun around and had the bike
chasing me, and in some cases, catching me and giving me a bit of a
boot. There is no hard and fast rule about falling off, or how you are
going to go off in the first place. I've low-sided, high-sided, gone
over the bars. and wheelied over backwards. I have fallen on the dirt,
in the mud, in the snow, in creeks and other water traps, and on the
tarmac. I can honestly say  I don't recall any two following any rules!
All the physics in the world aren't going to give you much help because
there are too many variables. I was lucky enough never to get hurt too
badly, and I can still get around in the canyons pretty well. I can't
reach the ground on dirt bikes any more, so I had to give that up.
Bare