Re: [ST] milage and charcoal can

I would be looking for leaks, either from the fuel sensor, the fuel
rail, or the quick disconnects.

Disconnecting the charcoal canister doesn't affect performance except
for the weight of the canister, which is minimal. On a race bike
maybe the weight savings makes a difference. I doubt anyone could
tell the difference on the street, but it does keep our air cleaner,
and so I would keep it connected.

>I had a bit of a shock I found that after filling the ST and
>checking the ODO I got about 24 mpg since my last fill..Suprised I
>was! I am thinking that short trips in the cold weather is the cause
>since it really dont warm up completly.Any thoughts on this? I will
>be taking a longer ride now that the weather has warmed up, 63
>today.  I did remove the charcoal can vented the two from the tank
>to air and pluged the two for vacume to the throttle bodies is this
>correct?

- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned