[ST] Valve Shim Removal Tool

A while ago some kind soul posted the dimensions of the Triumph Valve Shim
Removal Tool (P/N T3880012).  I saved a copy thinking that someday I would
like to attempt to fabricate this tool.  A few days ago I reviewed that
diagram along with its use as described in the ST/RS Service Manual.  The
book stresses the point that one side of the tool is for changing intake
valve shims and the other side is for exhaust, and that each side of the
tool is therefore appropriately labeled.

On the other hand, the tool diagram depicts no such labels.  Furthermore,
the tool, as drawn, seems to be completely symmetrical, which implies that
there would be no need to differentiate between sides.  And if that were the
case (which I doubt), it would seem to suggest that the tool could actually
be made more simply, by deleting four holes along one edge and simply
turning the tool around 180 degrees end-to-end when dealing with the
opposite set of shims.  Therefore I'm visualizing that that there must be
some offset to one or more of the four holes on one side in relation to the
corresponding four holes on the opposite side that makes the tool
asymmetrical.

Could someone who has the Triumph tool verfiy how the actual tool dimensions
differ from the diagram?

I'd be happy to send a copy of the diagram to that person, or anyone else
that might be interested for that matter.

Thanks,
Neil