[ST] RE: st-digest V2004 #89

Rod,

Not to be picky or flame you or anything, but that mag article is about 2
years old.  Even the pictures show the date as July 2002.  I remember seeing
these pictures in Motorcyclist around the same time.  The bike was the
brainchild of the chief importer of Triumph's into Italy.  Sadly his name
escapes me and if I'm not mistaken he was killed in a car accident last
year.  He was also the man behind the Speed 4.

The bike is very similar to the 04 RS, which has been discussed on this list
quite a bit so I'll only touch on the subject.  The 04 RS is really an ST w/
RS bodywork.  And unfortunately the RS is in fact dead.  It never sold well
and with the revamping of Triumph's pricing the Daytona is now only $500
more than an RS used to be.  I doubt we'll ever see another RS.

Oh well, guess the 00' will just have to keep on chugging for a while.

Nate
00SprintRS