From: David Sergeant
Subject: [ST] Questions from a newbie.

Howdy all,

I just recently bought an 00 RS.  It's just a tad better than the 92 Seca
II I was driving before.  I have two main questions.

First, soft luggage.  I'd like to know opinions about soft luggage.  I know
most of the RS's CAME with throw over panniers.  Mine, being used, did
not.  I'd like to know the merits, caveats, etc of the Triumph OEM bags
versus cheaper generic ones.  It looks like the OEM bags come with mount
points you leave on when not in use.  Would I have difficulty in
establishing secure (as in not flying off) installations with other sport
bags.  Basically, is it worth the $250 OEM as opposed to the $150 Givis or
other ones...

Second... I know it is just a matter of time until I get off my ride, turn
on the parking light and go in to work.  Will that thing shut off after a
certain amount of time or can I expect a dead battery when I try to go
home?  If it just beeped a couple times or didn't let you pull the key
out.... sheesh.

Thanks!
Dave