NHC: Funny Triumph related post...

Funny post with typical/wonderful british humor...

Cheer,

Just thought i'd say hello as I am new to this site, new to Triumphs in fact
(even though I live
less than 15 miles away from the factory and have done so for most of my
life ) and this is the
first none asian bike I have owned. The one thing that is making me smile
(and I am sure you lot have all experienced this) is the response to owning
a Triumph........

Ahh, I had a (insert Triumph bike name) when I was single, that was when
bikes were bikes.........

Triumph? Why did you buy on of them?.......can i have a go?

Never catch me on a Triumph, old mans bike that........can I have a go?

Do you know one of your headlights isn't working? (damned stupid Euro lights
- - now fixed so both
work)

And the funny bit is I have only owned it a week and done less than 90 miles
so far....... I have
had 3 people tell me about the headlight, it was easier to get them both
working than to keep
telling 'em 'they all do that'. The funniest so far was a friend telling me
in all seriousness:

'It sounds odd to me, is it misfiring? it only sounds like its firing on 3'

So I am now just waiting for the wonderful Brit weather to break (to change
from cold heavy rain
to tepid heavy rain) so I can get out there and have a bit of a play.....

=====
Dave Palazzolo
Canyon Chasers Extreme Sport Touring
http://www.canyonchasers.net